TO ENQUIRE ABOUT FLU VACCINATIONS PLEASE CONTACT THE SPECIFIC BRANCH - DETAILS CAN BE FOUND BY CLICKING HERE
What is Flu?
- A viral illness which can cause many unpleasant symptoms such as high temperature, headaches, body aches, tiredness and sore throat.
- Easily spread between people through coughs and sneezes and by touching infected surfaces.
- Most common between October and March.
- 600-13,000 deaths associated with flu in the UK annually.
How can Browns Helps?
1.5 million flu vaccinations were delivered through community pharmacies last year alone, offering a quick and convenient alternative to visiting the GP. Our walk-in service can be used while you wait for your prescription.
Is it free?
You are eligible to receive a FREE NHS flu jab if you:
· are 50 years of age or over
· are pregnant*
· are a carer*
And/or have certain medical conditions* including:
· Asthma and COPD
· Kidney disease
· Neurological disease
· Heart disease
· Liver disease
· Diabetes *patients must be 18 years of age or over
This free service is funded by NHS England.
For those patients who are not eligible for a free NHS vaccination, Browns Pharmacy offer private flu vaccinations for a fee of £12.50. Our walk-in service can be used while you wait for your prescription.
If you have a Flu Vaccination at Browns, the pharmacy will inform your GP so that your medical records can be updated.
How often do I need a vaccination?
The flu virus changes every winter, so even if you have had a previous vaccination against flu it is important to have a regular yearly vaccination.
Don’t suffer from the flu this winter; protect yourself and those around you by getting a jab.
Our services include:
- You are eligible to receive a FREE NHS flu jab if you:
- Are 50 years of age or over
- Are pregnant
- Are a carer
- And/or have certain medical conditions* including: Asthma and COPD, Kidney disease, Neurological disease, Heart disease, Liver disease, Diabetes