Health and Wellbeing Checks - Diabetes, Cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Weight and Height
Browns Pharmacy Solihull are now offering a non-invasive, simple health and wellbeing check. Our trained pharmacist or nurse will use a quick finger-tip blood test to check your blood sugar and cholesterol levels giving you a better understanding of your current wellbeing whilst identifying any underlying health conditions. Following the test, our health care professional will discuss what your results mean for you and what you need to do next.
Get a full health and wellbeing check for £50 or simply pick and choose the test you want.
NO PRE-BOOKING REQUIRED
QUICK AND ACCURATE RESULTS
- Diabetes (HbA1c) Blood Sugar Test - £29.99
- A finger-tip test to measure your average blood sugar level over the previous three months (8-12 weeks), providing a good indicator of Type 1 or 2 diabetes as well as pre-diabetes. This is called a HbA1c test and is available to be carried out by a trained nurse or pharmacist for £29.99 per test.
- Cholesterol (Total Cholesterol Level, HDL Cholesterol Level & Triglyceride Level) - £34.99
High cholesterol does not cause symptoms. You can only find out if you have it from a blood test and are more prone to having high cholesterol if you are
- Over 40
- Or high cholesterol or heart problems run in your family
- Blood Pressure Checks - High Blood Pressure
- This service is FREE of charge and no appointment is necessary. High blood pressure is a common condition affecting roughly one in three UK adults, however, half of people with high blood pressure are not diagnosed or receiving treatment. As there are no symptoms, the only way to know if you have a high blood pressure is to get it measured. Our pharmacies deliver quick and easy checks to help monitor your blood pressure. We will take a blood pressure reading in the privacy of a consultation room. The result will be given by the machine there and then and a pharmacist will go through the information with you about what that reading means and provide simple advice or a referral if the result is outside the normal range. A raised blood pressure reading can indicate a serious risk to your health.
- Weight and Height Checks
- This service is FREE of charge and no appointment is necessary.
Our services include:
- Diabetes Check (HbA1c)
- Cholesterol Check
- Blood Pressure Check
- Height and Weight Measurement