Substance Misuse Support
If you, or anyone you know needs help with alcohol abuse or recreational drugs our pharmacists and their teams can provide the following confidential services in conjunction with a local NHS Drug and Alcohol Service.
Needle exchange service
People who inject drugs can cause themselves harm from the injecting process. Browns Pharmacy provide a judgement-free needle exchange service supplying free injecting equipment.
- Reducing the risk of catching infections, such as HIV and Hepatitis B or C
- Providing you with information on how to inject safely
Dispensing and supervised consumption service
Our supervised consumption service helps you to stabilise on a treatment programme using prescribed medicines.
Our services include:
- Needle exchange provision and management
- Supervised consumption of a drug substitute
- Healthcare advice and referral
- Alcohol identification and brief advice