New Medicine Service (NMS)
What is the New Medicine Service?
The New Medicine Service is a free NHS service, that lets Browns Pharmacy help you with your new medicine.
Who is it for?
The service is for patients who have received their first prescription for a medicine to treat any of the following conditions:
- lung conditions such as chronic bronchitis and emphysema
- type 2 diabetes
- high blood pressure
- conditions where you take a medicine to control the way your blood clots.
How will it help me?
Between 30% and 50% of prescribed medicines are not taken as recommended, preventing these patients from receiving the full benefit of their treatment.
The service gives you:
- More information about the new medicine you are taking
- A chance to ask questions about your medicine and discuss any concerns
- Supports you through the first few weeks of taking the new medicine
For more information please visit the NHS website